ALL POLITICS ARE LOCAL.
Populism is the idea that people like you should be in control of your life, your family and your political system, not the political elite and their friends in big business.
Localism is the belief that local governments should promote local interests and what’s in the best of interests of its citizens, their culture and unique local identity.
THE ENEMY IS CALLED GLOBALISM.
Globalism lets the world’s power elite do whatever they want. Combining big government and big business creates big problems: crony capitalism, corruption, and excuses about institutions that are “too big to fail.”
We’ve all seen the problem. Now it’s time to get together to do something about it on a local level.
POPULIST LOCALISM SOLVES PROBLEMS.
Many of the problems facing people and the places they live may be caused by globalism but need local solutions.
Washington D.C won’t save you but you can start to take steps to make changes right where you are.
Here are a few of our policy ideas, all based on the principle that to cut out corruption, you need a smaller, more effective local government that answers to the people, not special interests.
Here are some ideas to make your hometown great again!
- Cut the cord on “business partnerships” sweetheart deals
- Support local political reforms to break up the “good old boy” network
- Encourage real community empowerment & political invovlement
- Realize that the media establishment is part of the problem, helping to cover up local corruption.
- Call for transparency & accountability of local media.
- Encourage responsible citizen journalism as an alternative media source.
JOBS & WAGES
- Importing non-local labor–especially illegal or extra-legal labor–drives down wages
- Encourage jobs from Quality American Manufacturing.
- Jobs for Americans first; enforce the law and allow the market to work to raise wages.
LAW & ORDER
- Public safety starts at a local level; support law abiding citizens and end politicaliztion of police.
- Encourage new community-police partnerships and put an end to dangerous “stop snitching” advocacy.
- Victim advocacy and non-hostile public oversight.
- Local control of education, starting with families.
- Homeschooling is a right.
- Make Teachers Unions work for students
- Stop textbook industry abuses, encourage digital technology
- Support local business incubators
- Develop low-risk entrepreneurship, not SBA loan debt
- Level the playing field: stop unfair tax and other incentives
POLLUTION & LAND USE
- Support common sense conservation and end EPA corruption
- Cronyism means unfair enforcement; stop it.
- End the political use of zoning laws & minimize government land ownership
- Local Health Care Services: bring back the family doctor and reduce dependency on insurance company-run mega-hospitals
- Build community support systems for the elederly
- Stop importing diseases through out-of-control immigration policies